search this blog

12.12.2013

christmas chow


This is probably my FAVORITE treat that I've shared so far for Treat Week... Christmas Chow! Yes, It is your standard and beloved Puppy Chow recipe (AKA Muddy Buddies) with a cute name spin for the holidays. This stuff is like crack. Seriously. Once you start eating it it's hard to stop. Chocolate...peanut butter...powdered sugar...yum!

Chex "Christmas Chow" Ingredients

9 cups rice chex cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions

Measure out Chex cereal and put into large bowl. Set aside.

In microwave, melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter & margarine until smooth and well combined (30 second increments). Stir in vanilla.

Pour chocolately peanut buttery mixture over cereal and coat well. Move Chex into a large ziplock bag. Add powdered sugar and shake until well coated and dispersed.  Spread on waxed paper to cool.


Now that your Christmas Chow is made, what are you going to put it in? I was giving this chow as a gift so I wrapped some left over Slim Fast containers I had saved with some Faux Bois wrapping paper that I've been hoarding. I also created this fun little printable! The printable is for the Avery 2.5" round labels.


Check out the original "Chex Muddy Buddies" recipe here.
Download my personalized printable here.



Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

1 comment:

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...